A service of Salisbury University and University of Maryland Eastern Shore
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00 0:00
Available On Air Stations

17 Transportation Projects Along Rout 113 in Delaware

creative commons

Those who travel on Route 113 should expect to see 17 projects along the corridor.

The Delaware Department of Transportation said they will stretch from Ellendale to Selbyville and are expected to cost over a half billion dollars in the next 20 years.

At the announcement Governor John Carney said that getting a grip on traffic flow was a key to economic development and quality of life in the state.

WBOC reports that topping the plan’s priorities are projects involving Routes 9 and 404 intersections in Georgetown as well as adding a bypass for Route 24 in Millsboro.

80 percent of the projects will be funded by the federal government while the other 20 percent will come from the state.

Don Rush is the News Director at Delmarva Public Media. An award-winning journalist, Don reports major local issues of the day, from sea level rise, to urban development, to the changing demographics of Delmarva.