Learn About Our Listeners
Return to Corporate Support main menu
Delmarva Public Media reaches 30,000 weekly listeners who are educated, curious, independent thinkers and informed consumers, who are interested in social responsibility, engaged in lifelong learning and are environmentally conscious.
NPR Listeners Nationally
- 53% of NPR listeners have a college degree
- 43% of NPR listeners make $100,000 or more
- NPR listeners are 75% more likely to have a household income between $150,000 and $199,999
- NPR listeners are 81% more likely to be the president of a company
- Twenty-one percent of NPR listeners are Managers or Professionals involved in one or more business purchases totaling over $1,000. Listeners are also more than twice as likely as the average American to be in a manager/professional role with an individual employment income of $35,000 or more.
- NPR listeners shop diversely, but intentionally, and are more likely to make indulgent purchases.
- 74% of NPR listeners weigh quality over price as consumers
- NPR listeners are more likely to purchase books, toys, alcohol, home décor and remodeling services, fast food, and music.
- NPR listeners spend more on apparel and shoes that the average American.
- Eighty-six percent of NPR listeners have some type of auto insurance, and 62% have homeowners insurance. Fifty-one percent of listeners also hold a life insurance policy, and are 16% more likely than the national average to do so.
Contact Our Corporate Support Staff:
Hannah Miller - Serving Maryland-based businesses
Greer Stangl - Serving Delaware-based businesses