A service of Salisbury University and University of Maryland Eastern Shore
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00 0:00
Available On Air Stations

Two Suffer Apparent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning


NEW CASTLE, Del. (AP) - A woman and a girl believe they suffered carbon monoxide poisoning while sitting inside a running, air-conditioned car near New Castle to avoid the heat.

County paramedics say the 45-year-old woman and 14-year-old girl called medics Monday evening after they began feeling sick while watching a soccer match at the Kirkwood Soccer Club.

The pair told paramedics they had been inside the vehicle because they were trying to avoid excessive heat while watching the game. They complained of headaches and dizziness.

Paramedics treated them on scene and then took them to Christiana Hospital in stable condition.

Don Rush is the News Director at Delmarva Public Media. An award-winning journalist, Don reports major local issues of the day, from sea level rise, to urban development, to the changing demographics of Delmarva.