Medical supply donations accepted at Delaware Tech in Georgetown
Medical supply donations are being accepted this week at Delaware Technical Community College's Georgetown campus. The supplies will be donated to first responders and medical facilities in Sussex County.
Donations will be collected between April 2-4 from noon to 6 p.m. at the Owens Campus - Georgetown at 21179 College Drive in teh parking lot near the baseball field.
All donations must be new and must fall into these categories:
- All types of unused protective face masks, especially N95 masks
- Protective suits and medical scrubs
- Goggles, safety glasses and face shields
- Cleaning and sterilizing solutions and wipes
- Medical gloves
- Digital and disposable thermometers
- Hand sanitziers
The dropoff site will be staffed by first responders. Contributors will remain in their vehicle and on-site staff will collect all donated itesm. All donated items will be distributed by need and availability to police, fire, and EMS agencies, as well as to medical facilities throughout Sussex County.